Love Quotes For Your Love
In this Love Quotes article we tried to compile best Love Quotes for your love. Let’s know in comment if you like our love quotes or have a new love quote in your mind.
1) All love that has no friendship for its base is like a mansion built upon sand.
-Ella Wheeler Wilcox
In love quote lines, American Poet Ella Wheeler Wilcox says that there is no love possible without friendship. Friendship is the base for love to grow because one can only make the bond stronger and take it to love if there is friendship.
2) Love looks through a telescope, envy through a microscope.
In love quote lines, American humourist says that love is a very beautiful thing. A telescope is used to see distant objects closely. When we fall in love we get to see the light in that person more closely than before. But envy or jealousy can look through the microscope. As the microscope can see the naked objects, jealousy sees the things very sharply and the base of friendship or love destroys because this sharpness gives clarity to false things. Envy sees those things that are not true very clearly.
3) Love is a smoke and made with the fumes of sighs.
In love quote lines William Shakespeare conveys the fact that love is a smoke and this smoke together with happiness exhales the gas that contains the breaths of sadness and anxiety.
4) Who, being loved, is poor?
In love quote lines Oscar Wilde says there is no richness other than that of love. One who is being loved can never be called poor.
5) It is difficult to know at what moment love begins;it is less difficult to know that it has begun.
-Henry Wardsworth Longfellow
In love quote lines Henry Wardsworth says that it is difficult to know that you have fallen in love but more difficult thing is to know what made you fall for the person, at what moment did you start walking on the path of love because we don’t realise the particular moment it happens. It just happens.
6) The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
A person can starve and survive but it is very difficult to survive without love. All the life people crave for one thing and that is love. This hunger is very difficult to overcome, even more than the hunger for bread.
7) To fall in love is to create a religion that has a fallible god.
-Jorge Luis Borges
In love quote lines, the argentinian poet, Borges says that when you fall in love, you create a religion of your own;the religion that has God who makes mistakes.
8) At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet.
When a person falls in love, he becomes poet. He does not possess passion or talent for writing;all he possesses is love in his heart. When he is filled with love, he becomes poet.
9) Soul meets soul on lover’s lips.
-Percy Bysshe Shelly
Percy Shelly, the English romantic poet says that one can meet the soul of the other person on the lips;lips of the only one he loves and calls his lover. Those lips can meet many people crossing through in life but one can meet soul only on the lips of a lover.
10) And when all the wars are over, the butterfly will still be beautiful.
Love survives all the hatred and hardships.When the struggle and hardships of love come to an end, it makes the two people in love more beautiful and their love stronger than before.
11) Love cures the people, both the ones who give it and the ones who receive it.
-Dr. Karl Menninger
Love is such a cure that it can heal all the pains and sufferings. It can heal the two people who are suffering because pain has same roots. The one who is in pain and gives love and the one who is in pain and receives love are both cured.
12) To be a poet is a condition, not a profession.
No one can build a poet. Love gives birth to a poet. When a person is in love ;happy or heartbroken, he becomes a poet. That is why being a poet is a condition ;condition of love and not profession.
13) Love is my religion
I could die for that
I could die for you.
In love quote lines, Keats says that love is his religion;a religion that belongs to him. When a person surrenders himself to his religion, he can do anything for him even death is peace when a person surrenders to his religion. The same way love is the religion for which he could even die.
14) I didn’t know what love felt like
Until he filled my heart
With pieces of himself.
I’ve never known such fullness,
An ocean of feelings overflowing
Into the emptiest parts of me.
-Christy Ann Martine
In love quote lines, Christy Martine says that a person cannot feel what love actually is until the other person fills the heart with his pieces of love. Love makes you fuller and you feel that you are complete. The parts of you that were once broken start overflowing with emotions and you realise what love actually feels like.
Also Read: Love Story: The Story of Love
15) Love is a river running now
Sweet torrent in my heart
Filling up deep canyons
That loneliness once carved.
-John Mark Green
Love is a river that floods the heart in a beautiful way. It fills the depth of river that was once very lonely. In the same way, love fills in the depth of heart that used to be lonely.
16) Love seeke not Itself to please,
Nor for itself hath any care;
But for another gives its ease,
And builds a Heaven in Hells despair.
Blake passionately feels that love is selfless and pure, and although he goes on to say in the third that love in actuality is selfish, his desire for love to be simple and honest leaves the reader with a hopeful feeling.
17) Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility.”
Poetry is the pouring out of emotions onto a page in the most graceful way. Poetry is personal and moving, and the right poetry for a person evokes in them an intense emotional response to passion.
18) He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended she began.
Tolstoy says that when one starts realising the lack of love and understanding, it is the time when the other person eventually falls on love. When one person thinks that love has e ended, it’s where it takes a turn.
19) So dear, I love him that with him all deaths i could endure, without him live no life.
When in love, a person can even survive death if love accompanies but if not then even life is difficult to handle.
20) Romantic love is an illusion.Most of us discover this truth at the end of love affair or else when the sweet emotions of love lead us into marriage and then turn down into flames.
We live in a world full of imaginations and love quote imaginations are mere illusions. We create our own world of romance when in love. This scenario turns down when people in love end up hating or departing or when they end up marrying each other. When in marriage, they realise they do not fit in with each other because the reality of life is absolutely different from that of the romance. When people realise this truth, the fire of love ends.
21) Love built on beauty, soon as beauty dies.
In love quote lines, Donne says love is eternal and internal. If someone loves a person’s beauty and when that beauty fades away, love also fades. This is because that love was based in the physical features of a person.
22) Pleasure of love lasts but a moment, pain of love lasts a lifetime.
-Jean Pierre Claris De Florian
When a person is entirely in love, everything seems beautiful and happy but those moments of pleasure and happiness last for short time; what lasts in love is the pain. A person can forget the happy times but it is very difficult to forget the pains one bears. So, it is very difficult for a person to give away the pain that his heart bears and its the pain of love that a person carries all the time and lasts longer than the pleasure of love.
23) People who are sensible about love are incapable of it.
When a person in overthinks about feelings and emotions about being in love from his mind, it is impossible for him to fall in love because its the heart who follows love and not the mind.
24) Love’s gift cannot be given, it waits to be accepted.
Love cannot be shoved down the throat of other, no matter how much of it you have to give or how great your need to do so. Love must be accepted for it is this acceptance in which this love flourishes.
25) You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep the spring from coming.
The flowers blossom the same way love blossoms in our heart. One can cut those flowers not allowing to enter the garden but he who cuts those flowers cannot stop the spring from entering. In the same way, one can close the door of love for himself ;stop spreading love but he cannot stop the love to enter his life and blossom the garden of life with love.
26) Love will find a way through paths where wolves fear to prey.
Love is fearless and finds ways to walk through the difficult paths in life. One who is fierce and hates may fear to walk on the same path but one who loves never fears and walks through most difficult situations, survives the circumstances and blossoms at the end.
27) Your task is not to seek love, but merely to seek and find all barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
One can never get love if he starts on a journey to find love. Love knocks the door at most unexpected situations when no thought about love awakes. Instead, start on a trip to find those barriers that you have made around yourself and find the the barriers that you have built around love. Once you find these barriers, love will itself make a way for you.
28) Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
-Gebran Khalil Gebran
When you fall in love, love each other but do not make connection of love for this connection wants to hold a person to himself, wanting to control love. Let your love be a moving sea, which flows slowly and beautifully. You find the soul on this sea;the soul you found on shore. Let your love flow not having any control of your for when you free it from all the barriers it comes to you more beautifully.
29) Until we have seen someone’s darkness, we don’t really know who they are. Until we have forgiven someone’s darkness, we don’t really know what love is.
To really know a person, one should know his pains and sufferings too. When you get to know about a person’ s darkness, you actually get to know that person more closely. And it is more important to learn the art of forgiving people if you want to love someone.
30) “My lover asks me:
“What is the difference between me and sky? “
The difference, my love,
Is that when you laugh,
I forget about the sky. “
In love quote lines, my the poet says that the lover asks him the difference between him and sky and the poet replies the difference is he forgets the sky whe sees or hears him laughing. Here, the poet wants to say that sky is endless and free where the creatures of sky can move freely;the poet finds his sky in the laugh of his lover because that laugh is actual paradise to him.
31) You might not have been my first love but you were the love that made all other loves seem irrelevant.
In love quote lines, the poet says it is not important for someone to be first love to someone else. What’s more important is love. Love the person in such a way that all the other loves that one has been in love with seem bondless. It’s important for that one love to be superior than being the first love or some other kind of love.
32) Love is a fire. But whether it is going to warm your hearth or burn down your house, you can never tell.
– Joan Crawford
Love is just like fire. It spreads very easily into hearts of people but you never realise whether it is going to give you warmth or burn your house;love can either be a healer to you or it can appear like a venom to you.
33) To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return.
One can call himself brave if he loves a person unconditionally and expects nothing in return because one who loves expects at some point. One who doesn’t expect in the process of love can be called brave.
Also Read: 8 Signs To Know it’s Love or Infatuation?
34) Love is suffering. One side always loves more.
– Catherine Deneuve
One who is in love has to suffer because when two people fall in love, one of them is always much more in love than the other and one who loves more, expects more and eventually gets hurt more. So love is called suffering.
35) You do not have to be good
You do not have to walk on your knees
For a hundred miles through desert, repenting
You only have to let the soft animal of your body
Love what it loves.
In love quote lines, the poet says there is no need of any change or being good;struggle hard my walking on knees or travelling long distance. All you need to do is let the conscious love what it loves.
36) Nothing good ever comes of love. What comes of love is always something better.
When you are in love never expect it will give something good to you because love gives happy and sad moments equally. When you are in love it gives you something better, each time you feel it whether as happiness or pains.
37) The half life of love is forever.
Love is never ending. No one knows when it starts and where it ends. It is said that love is a forever bit what does this forever really mean? The half way to love is always painful and that is why is ends into a forever.
38) Perhaps, we are in this world to search for love, find it, lose it, again and again. With each love, we are born a new and with each love that ends we collect a new wound. I am covered with proud scars.
Allende says, we search for love, find it and we lose it. With each new love, one person is born again and with each lost love, one carries those wounds again. One is covered with proud scars because he is born with each new love and carries the new wounds which makes him stronger.
39) You don’t love someone because they’re perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they’re not.
– Jodi Picoult
When you fall in love, you fall in love with a person’s flaws and it makes you love the person more when you know about their true self. If one falls in love with a person because he is perfect then it is not love.
40) The hottest love has the coldest end,but relationships made in the heat of moment are not inevitably doomed. Nor does a slow burning intimacy always fan the flames of eternal love.
Socrates says, the love that is solely based on being physical might look hot and attractive but this kind of love ends soon. The relationships that are based on physical needs are very unfortunate. This kind of relationship and love cannot be called eternal because when in love, what matters the most is love.
41) You say you love rain, but you use an umbrella to walk under it. You say you love sun, but you seek shade when it is shining. You say you love wind, but when it comes, you close window. So that’s why I am scared when you say you love me.
In love quote lines, the poet says that people say they love rain, sun and wind. But the reality about their love is that when rain touches them, they protect themselves, ith an umbrella; when sun meets them, they find a place in shade;when wind comes they close the windows. People want love all their life but when love comes to them, they create a shield around themselves that it doesn’t enter their lives.
42) My dear,
Find what you love and let it kill you.
Let it drain you of your all.Let it cling
Onto your back and, weigh you down
Into eventual nothingness. Let it kill
You and let it devour your remains.
For all things will kill you, both slowly
And fastly, but it’s much better to be killed by a lover.
In these lines poet says, one should find what he loves and let it kill him, let it drain and attach itself and then break the person down. Let it kill him and eat all of his remains. Because this killing is much better than being killed by a lover. The poet here wants to convey that it is much better to be killed by the things you love instead of being killed by your lover.
43) But he, that dares not grasp the thorn
Should never crave the rose.
In these lines, Anne Bronte says, one who cannot hold thorns should not crave for rose. This means one who cannot take pair’s in love should not crave for happiness and to be loved.
44) Dont loose sleep over someone who can sleep soundly after breaking your heart.
In these lines, Gill says that one who can break someone’s heart and sleep peacefully is not worthy of other person’s tears and sleepless nights.
45) It is a frightening thought, that in one fraction of a moment you can fall in kind of love that takes a lifetime to get over.
In these lines Taplin says, it is really scary thought to fall in love because it just takes a moment to fall in love but it takes a lifetime to get over it.
46) I loved her, not for the way she danced with my angels but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons.
In these lines, the poet says that he fell in love for not touching his angels but for the way how his demons could get silent hearing the sound of her name. This means he loved her not for liking the goodness in him but how her essence could devour his negativity.
47) All I ever wanted to do was plant flowers on the soil of her heart and pieces of my heart along with them, hoping a beautiful tree of love would grow there.
In these lines, poet says that just like a plant flowers on soil and expects a beautiful tree to grow ;similarly a person plants love on his heart and when the two hearts combine it expects to grow it into love more beautifully.
48) I can’t tell you how to love her but if you are not prepared for a tsunami with a sprinkle of rain and a touch of crazy then it’s best you move on.
In these lines, Troy says it is difficult to tell how to love a person but if one is not ready for tsunami with sprinkle of rain that is, pain with the tinge of love and some craziness then one should move on.
49) If all I become to you is nothing but a memory
I hope you will let me breathe by thinking of me.
In these lines, Grey says if someone becomes a memory to his love then one will definitely let that love breathe by thinking of it.
50) Find my hand in the darkness
And if we cannot find the light,
We will always make our own.
-Tyler Knot Gregson
In these lines, Gregson says if one can find someone in darkness and is not able to find light then love will help make the light of own ;light of love.
Conclusion On Love Quotes
In above article we tried to compile various love quote available on internet.
Which is your favourite one ?